Sunday 10 March 2013

Typical requests and how to refuse and say no them :

Here are some of the few daily life examples of how you can refuse requests effectively :


  • When someone starts talking about a problem that you could potentially help them with but you don't have time to handle and is not your responsibility: "Wow. I can really understand how that would be hard. (Then     say nothing more—just nod, smile, and release the problem when you walk away.)      
  • When someone asks you to do something that your much-less-busy coworker could do: "I would love to help you out, but given my schedule, I wouldn't be able to get this back to you for a couple of weeks. If you would like to have this turned around sooner, I recommend that you reach out to __________. Does that sound good?

  • When you're given an exceptionally short deadline:" I know this project is a high priority for you, and if it's absolutely necessary for me to turn something in by that date, I can make it happen. But if I could have a few more _________ (days, weeks, etc.), I could really deliver something of higher quality. Would it be possible for me to have a bit more time?


These are some the ways that a person can refuse without directly saying no of the face of the other person and also setting boundaries that not all of the requests can be accepted.
*Elizabeth Grace Saunders . Retrieved from http://99u.com/tips/7076/Setting-Boundaries-Saying-No-Nicely

No comments:

Post a Comment